Wednesday, 2 April 2014

'Parade' cars



I'm not really sure what to call these things but they really reminded me of the old style parade floats - or maybe that was just me.

I got out a load of old fruit boxes from our store this morning with the initial intention of building a junk car.  However after a few minutes I got to thinking about making cars for them to drive around in.





















We started off slow - cutting the holes out for the children just big enough so they didn't shift around too much.





















We attached ribbon and then began to paint.

I say 'we' but the majority of this was done by another teacher (the creative one!).

 She re-used the inside of the box which was cut out as a steering wheel. She also led them through making registration plates on strips of yellow card.

By the end of the day we had a few cars ready to go, all painted with embellishments.  Hopefully tomorrow we can add headlights, wheels and wipers to them - and even have a race?




More to follow tomorrow as we begin to put our cars together and see where it takes us!