Thursday, 8 May 2014

Quick post: Cellophane windows




There was an *accident* on our fabric covering our reading arch that required it to be washed.  In its absence I taped over some various coloured cellophane onto the frame to bring some light into the area.


It was a very simple addition but worked so well.  The children were talking all day about the colours they could see and the light which it cast.  I was stood behind it doing the register, looking through the window and all I heard was, "you look purple," "I can see orange."



I saw one little boy looking at his playdough.  The cellophane cast a beautiful blue and yellow light onto his models and he was transfixed by the colours.

I'm hoping to add to this shortly with a home made light box (I still haven't done this!) and some various different light resources.

No comments:

Post a Comment