Monday, 10 November 2014

Ghost mud



I saw this on pinterest the other day as I was browsing every 'Early Years' tagged board and putting the world to rights. I initially though, 'hmm toilet paper..'  But when I thought about it more it is just tissue paper after all.

We followed this recipe:

Toilet paper - lots
Water - some
Soap flakes (I had to grate a bar of soap)

Mix.. So precise! Thats the best part of it really. The children added their own water if it was too dry or more tissue when they wanted more mass. And since we are lucky enough to have a plastic grater we were able to leave the children to grate some soap themselves.

As the tissue paper dissolved it was very pliable and we were able to make quite a lot of different structures - very simple and child led:)


No comments:

Post a Comment