Sunday, 10 May 2015

The Twitterati challenge (spread the love!)

It was so lovely to get back from the allotment this morning to find that @deborahfielden had nominated me for the twitterati challenge.  She wrote some absolutely lovely things about people (and me!)  I've compiled my list below. I really hope I've not included anyone who has been included before (I did a search but its hard to find out for certain.) If I have then I do apologise, but you're too fabulous for just one mention!!

Firstly thanks to @Deborahfielden for being the first person who even really engaged with me properly in twitter way back when. I had used twitter a lot but not for school/professional reasons. She always replied to my posts, made a lot of sense in her own tweets and gave me such a lot of food for thought in my own setting.  

So here goes:

Rachel (@hilarywhite3)  - stimulating learning

Rachel's website is pretty much my first stop when I am looking for inspiration with small parts and themed activities. I got lost a few years ago amongst her hungry caterpillar activities!  She has an endless supply of glass beads/wooden bowls and you can always rely on her to come up with extremely creative ways of engaging her children.
Her facebook page is also extremely active and she is very good at helping me out with mine when I need it:)  She remains one of my 'twitter/blog idols' - I keep working so that someday I can be as successful as her:)

Tishylishy (@tishylishy) - Tishylishy on facebook

Tishylishy does not have a blog but instead uses a very active facebook page.  Her posts are always beautiful, inspiring and creative. She has a lot of engagement because because she knows her stuff! She is always kind to others who need advice and rather than answering questions herself she understands the value of co-operation and sharing of ideas.  She is also very reflective which is lovely to see in someone who knows so much!  

Alec Bowden (@alecbwdn

I was so excited to find another man teaching in Early Years in my first days on twitter. We had a few conversations and it turns out Alec studied at Leeds and lived not far from where I do now (small world!).  Alec is a very technical guy and currently runs a recruitment website alongside leading the foundation stage at his school.
Alec engages a lot in Early Years discussions online and shares some really wonderful advice about how his team functions.  

Sarah Collins (@sarahearlyyears)

Sarah has a wonderfully positive twitterite and its always lovely to see when she takes part in #EYTalking. She tweets about her own experiences and is open to discussions about how to approach certain things. She is also a fountain of knowledge for the likes of myself who is less experienced.  Sarah's friendliness makes twitter a much better place when things are getting a little heated:)!

Simona Mckenzie (@signoramac)

Simona is a child minder and ALWAYS pops up at #EYTalking.  She has a wealth of experience which shines through with every comment she makes.  She doesn't shy away from debate and following her tweets always makes me smile - knowing someone is fighting for the things we should all believe in
It wasn't until I started to follow her that I realised what child minding actually involves. (I got the minding of a child part).  But the level of expertise, knowledge and wealth of resources which child minders need is staggering - and all of this in your own home!  

Writing this has made me realise what a lovely bunch of people I have met on twitter, facebook and through my blog. But its also made me realise how much more work I need to do to make those deeper connections with people! I hope I've done the people on this page justice - they have really helped me over the last year and hopefully will continue to do so in the future:)


So now I nominate those above to share their top 5 twitterati:

@teachertoolkit rules are: 
  1. You cannot knowingly include someone you work with in real life.
  2. You cannot list somebody that has already been named if you are already aware of them being listed on #TwitteratiChallenge.
  3. You will need to copy and paste the title of this blogpost and (the rules and what to do) information into your own blog post.
What to do?
  • Within seven days of being nominated by somebody else, you need to identify colleagues that you rely regularly on and go to for support and challenge. They have now been challenged and must act as participants of the #TwitteratiChallenge.
  • If you’ve been nominated, please write your own #TwitteratiChallenge blog post within seven days. If you do not have your own blog, try @staffrm.
  • The educator that is now (newly) nominated, has seven days to compose their own #TwitteratiChallenge blog post and identify who their top five go-to educators are.

No comments:

Post a Comment